HAVE YOU BEEN A VICTIM OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND NEED HELP?
If you are in danger, call 911 now. Or, call our 24-hour help line at (318) 323-1505 or Toll Free at 1-888-411-1333 for help.
If you have been a victim of sexual assault and need help, you have come to the right place. Sexual assault is one of the most traumatic experiences one can face. In Northeast Louisiana, help is available through SART Ouachita- (Sexual Assault Resource Team). SART is a partnership of agencies who provide information and help for those who have been sexually assaulted.
If you have been sexually assaulted, here are the services available:
– Assistance filing law enforcement reports
– Assistance obtaining protective orders
– Consultation with District Attorney’s Office
– Telephone hotline intervention- anytime day or night, 365 days a year (318) 323-1505
– Domestic violence or sexual assault counseling
– Legal counsel referral to North Louisiana Legal Assistance
– Medical follow-up (by appointment)
– Referral to safe, confidential emergency housing
– Safety planning
– Translation services (by appointment)
– Domestic violence and/or sexual assault education
What you can do to prevent sexual assault:
Maintain healthy, respectful relationships that allow you to set limits, feel safe and get support. Healthy relationships mean:
– Touching, kissing, hugging and sexual activity require permission
– Every person has the right to say no and change his or her mind
– Permission is not gained through coaxing, pressuring, force or harassment
The good news is- there’s help and hope.
Visit any hospital emergency room and tell them you have been sexually assaulted. You may opt to have evidence collected or receive medical treatment only. Victims 18 years of age and older do not have to report to law enforcement in order to have evidence collected. Call The Wellspring, (318) 323-1505 or the 24-hour crisis line at 1-888-411-1333. If you call 911, your call will automatically be reported to law enforcement.